Tuesday, April 21, 2009

NOT FOR THE FAINT OF STOMACH !!!!!!!!!!!!

OK. This is your warning.....


Do



Not



Scroll



Down



If


You


Don't


Want


To


See


The


Thumb


Procedure!!!


.........

.......

.....

...

.



Explanation of the videos. OK, so here's what
happened... I was drilling through 2 2x8's
and a 4x4 post. I was watching the side the
drill went in to keep the bit straight. (The
bit was an 18 inch long by 1/2 inch wide
speed bit.) I was holding the board on the far
side with my left hand. The bit didn't emerge,
it just popped out the other side. My thumb
was in its path. This was the result...............


Cleaning the wound.....










Checking out the wound.....










De-fatting the thumb.....










Stitching.....










A good view of the multiple tears / gouges.....








Finishing up.....


Yep, I know, I'm an idiot. I have the right, though,

to claim heredity (thanks Pa!) Like father, like

son. Our real issue, I think, is that we're too

foolish to wait for help. It's killing me to not go

out and build some more. Not as much as my thumb

is killing me, though. I have never been bright enough

to learn from the mistakes of others. Perhaps, maybe,

perchance, I will get the message through my skull

before the next drill bit does..... :)

Brandon

3 comments:

Collin & Liana Kraus said...

Brandon
My goodness, that is incredible. I have to admit, I've never know anyone to video their surgical procedure while receiving their surgical procedure. I'm sorry that happened, but you'll have a sweet scar & cool story to tell! I especially appreciated the dentist commentary in the last video! See you soon, Master.
Collin

mb said...

That was disgusting. I watched the first 10 seconds or so of every video and then stopped because that is gross. Good thing you didn't take the whole thing off...that would have been no bueno.

Janine said...

I'm going to be honest, I did not watch the videos. I looked at them and thought, "I don't want to see that." Hope you heal soon...